ITIC delivers value to its public and private stakeholders by:
- Providing objective economic analysis on a broad range of tax policies and reform initiatives in transition economies.
- Offering expert advice rooted in international best practices.
- Pursuing a diverse issue agenda with broad geographic reach.
- Entering new frontier markets at early stages to assist in the establishment of investment frameworks that allow successful corporate investments to ensue.
- Responding to demand-driven requests from governments around the world seeking ITIC’s expertise and capacity-building assistance.
- Facilitating “neutral table” engagement that contributes to tangible benefits and peer learning through a global network of platforms and programs.
The combination of public- and private-sector involvement is what differentiates ITIC programs and makes the organization unique. This ITIC Triangle
creates a neutral table
to bring together taxpayers, tax authorities and independent experts. This “experiment” in Russia and Kazakhstan in the early 1990s, then focused on VAT and natural-resource taxation, led to the creation of ITIC; it has, for the past 22 years, facilitated the development and eventual implementation of real tax reforms that are truly win-win by promoting investment, growth, and additional budget revenues.
"I am really impressed with what you have accomplished....You can take some satisfaction that your 'graduates' are in key positions and that you are able to have some impact on tax and fiscal policy."
"Although a relatively small organisation, ITIC has a huge footprint in the developing world and has made a real difference to the tax systems of many countries.”